Colbert Hasn’t Closed The Door On Bringing Back Hampton Or Starks

So Kevin Colbert is not closing the door on veteran players, and with the draft closing in, you have to wonder if the team has in the back of their mind the options of bringing back veterans Max Starks and Casey Hampton.

Starks started all 16 games at left tackle in 2012 while Hampton did the same at nose tackle. Both players became free agents last month and have been on the market, with not much buzz about either.

Marcus Gilbert and Steve McLendon are both alread in line to be replacements for the two, but don’t be shocked if one or both of the vets find their way back to the black and gold.

Colbert said there’s no rush and any movement would most likely happen after this weekend’s NFL draft.

”They could sign a contract today and end up behind a first-round draft pick,” Colbert said. ”We’ll see where things stand on Monday.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Steelers Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

One Response to “Colbert Hasn’t Closed The Door On Bringing Back Hampton Or Starks”

  1. DrGeorge says:

    It’s all about money. At this point in their careers, both are worth only backup money. We have no backup for McClendon at NG, and Hampton is still adequate there. Starks is not a quality LT, but he played fairly well at RT. He makes sense as a backup, if the price is right.

Leave a Reply