The Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive to the North Shore after 6 p.m. Fans will not be permitted into their pre-sold lots until this time, unless they purchase parking for the Pittsburgh Pirates game earlier in the day. To allow free-flowing traffic patterns between the Pirates and Steelers games, ramps and inbound traffic patterns will be closed until 6 p.m. around both stadiums on the North Shore campus.
The following are a few of the traffic restrictions that will be in place for the Steelers game:
- General Robinson Street will have two lanes inbound and two lanes outbound to assist in the traffic between games.
- Reedsdale Ave. westbound ramp to Rivers Casino will be closed (except for pre-sold parking passes to the Casino and Carnegie Science Center) from 4-6 p.m.
- The ninth Street Bridge will be open for Sunday’s game.
- The Clemente Bridge will close at 8 a.m. and re-open at approximately 5:30 p.m. for the Steelers game.
The Steelers recommend fans utilize the following parking lots for Sunday’s game:
- The LRT (“T”) will continue to provide free service from Downtown. Fans are encouraged to park in one of the nine Pittsburgh Parking Authority garages Downtown and Strip District for only $5.00.
- Fans should utilize the following parking lots for Sunday’s game: Station Square, 1st Ave. Garage, Mellon Garage, Convention Center, manor Garage, Oxford Garage, Allegheny Center Garage.
- Fans can also utilize the LRT service from the South Hills with service to the North Shore.
- Golden Triangle and Strip District Parking will be available for a minimal cost of only $2.00. This includes the Manor Garage (564 Forbes Ave.) and 11th and Smallman (Strip District).
- The Carnegie Science Center parking lot will have cash parking and encourage Pirates fans to exit the lot by 5:30 p.m.
- Fans can also park at Station Square ($10.00) and ride the Gateway Clipper Fleet Steelers shuttle boats ($5.00 per person, each way).
- The Convention Center parking lots will be open beginning at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning.
If fans arrive on the North Shore prior to 6 p.m from various parking lots around the Downtown area, the are encouraged to visit Stage AE prior to entering the stadium to participate in the Official Tailgate Zone of the Pittsburgh Steelers where many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 4 p.m.