It’s been a wild day in the NFL in regards to Sunday evening’s Browns-Steelers wild card game, as the Browns announced today that head coach Kevin Stefanski has tested positive for COVID-19 and won’t coach in Sunday’s game.
The team also will be minus a couple players, as guard Joel Bitonio and wide out KhaDarel Hodge are also out with a positive COVID test.
Tuesday in his weekly presser to get ready for the game, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin spoke about the situation with the Browns, and the players that will take the field for Cleveland.
“I’m comfortable with the matchups regardless of who’s available to us who’s available to them,” Tomlin said.
“It’s just that level of familiarity, but I don’t view it as a winning edge. I’m sure they’re comfortable with their knowledge of the matchups as well.”
A couple players that could be back for the black and gold this week are inside linebacker Robert Spillane, safety Terrell Edmunds, OL Matt Feiler and kicker Chris Boswell.
It sounds like from the way the presser went that a number of roster moves are going to be made by the end of the week to get those players on the roster if available.
Steelers cornerback Joe Haden, tight end Eric Ebron and linebacker Cassius Marsh remain on the COVID-19/Reserve list for the moment, and Tomlin didn’t give word if any of them would be able to be back for Sunday evening.
With the latest issues with the Browns, the line for Sunday evening’s game has jumped to 6.5 in favor of the Steelers, this going from the opening line of 4.5.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on