Steelers quarterbacks coach Matt Canada tested positive for the coronavirus, NFL Network’s Aditi Kinkhabwala reported Saturday.
The Steelers announced that Canada would miss Tuesday’s game against the Ravens with an “illness” but did not specify whether he had COVID-19.
According to Kinkhabwala, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won’t have to isolate after he was deemed to have avoided being a close contact of Canada.
After a week of hearing how the Ravens have no less than 20 players on the covid-19/reserve list, the Steelers have a couple players on the list.
Running back James Conner, defensive linemen Isaiah Buggs and Stephon Tuitt and tackle Jerald Hawkins after all four players were added to the reserve/COVID-19 list this week. Special teams coach Danny Smith is out after reportedly testing positive as well.
The Ravens, meanwhile, have seen 20 positive cases pop up across their roster and coaching staff, putting their upcoming game in jeopardy. Baltimore and Pittsburgh were originally scheduled to square off in primetime on Thanksgiving, but the game was pushed back to Sunday and then Tuesday due to the Ravens’ outbreak.
FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Saturday that “at least two more Ravens starters” will be placed on the COVID list by Sunday, though he did not name any players.
Among the announced Ravens’ inactives are expected to be quarterback Lamar Jackson, running backs Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins, center Matt Skura and pass rusher Calais Campbell.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on