New Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin says he is not looking to make friends but to make the Steelers a unified group ready to do battle. Tomlin told reporters in his final press conference before the opening of training camp that he has a load of two-a-day practice sessions scheduled. Tomlin has about 15 of those sessions planned, more than twice than predecessor Bill Cowher. Seven of those sessions will focus on special teams and light drills but all players are expected to attend. There are also no planned days off for the two weeks players will be at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe. Players are to report by 4 p.m. Monday with the first practice Tuesday morning and the first practice open to the public Tuesday afternoon. The Steelers begin their preseason schedule with the annual Hall Of Fame Game against New Orleans August 5th.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on