For those that were upset that Ben Roethlisberger didn’t play Saturday night vs the Lions, don’t fret. He will be on the field this week when the team heads up to New Jersey for preseason test number two.
It looks like there won’t be any suspense regarding quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s status for the Steelers’ second preseason game. “Ben’s going to play this week,” offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Monday. The Steelers visit the New York Giants at 7 p.m. Saturday. Coach Mike Tomlin didn’t commit to playing Roethlisberger, who’s suspended for at least the first four games of the regular season, against the Giants. “I’m hoping I’ll get in,” Roethlisberger said. “I’m not sure when, but I’ll take any (playing) time, whatever coach gives me.” Despite his best lobbying efforts, Roethlisberger didn’t play in the Steelers’ 23-7 win over the Detroit Lions last Saturday. Tomlin has had to juggle getting two quarterbacks ready to play while Roethlisberger is suspended and also getting the two-time Super Bowl winner enough work during the preseason.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on