The Steelers went out and drafted a wide receiver in last weekends draft, but there’s still chatter that the team may bring in a vet to help the core.
Reports from John Clayton of ESPN say that the Steelers will use the cap space from Willie Colon and put it towards former Cards and Chiefs wide out Steve Breaston.
Colon’s money will come off the books for the Steelers on June 2nd, and that’s when you will hear the rumors about the Steelers coming to terms with Breaston.
The Steelers had Breaston in for a visit after he was released by the Chiefs, but he left without a deal of any sort in place.
Breaston had just 7 grabs for 74 yards last season, but two years ago had 61 catches for 785 yards and two scores.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on