Look for the Steelers defense to look at lot different when the team takes the field in the opener vs the Browns in Cleveland on September 9th. The team has been working hard under new head coach Mike Tomlin to put a lot of different looks into the defense, and not everything will look like your standard formations. “It really does give the offense hell,” Brett Keisel said. “We’re playing a 2-3-6, a 3-2-6, a 1-5-5, all kinds of things.
That will for sure be different than years past, where under Bill Cowher the team was basically a standard 3-4 defense, and then would shift around when third down would come for opposing offenses. The player that may benefit most from moving around the formations is Keisel, who has been moving more than ever during the last few camps. “It’s gonna be cool. I hope we run it a lot.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on