Good news today for Steelers fans, as a source says that the Steelers and safety Troy Polamalu are close on an extension that would keep him a Steeler for sometime. The source, Scout.com, says that the safety is the top priority for the Steelers and that a deal could be announced soon. Everyone knows that the team needs Troy as the backbone of the defense, so this does not come as much of a surprise.
The nice thing would be for the team to be able to be in a position to get a deal done and announced before the start of training camp in a few weeks. It would be uplifting not only for the fan base, but for the players as well to see that the team is dedicated to keeping one of its own, this after an offseason in which the team decided against keeping linebacker Joey Porter.
Troy is set to make $1,088,000 this season plus a a $1.72 mil reporting bonus, which basically means he will make $2.81 mil this season, a bargin for what he brings to the team. Expect the team to have that figure ripped up once the new deal is signed, and I can easily see him making between $6-7 mil a season. Last year he played in 13 games, making 57 solo tackles, 20 assists, and 3 interceptions.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on