Good news today for Steelers fans, as a source says that the Steelers and safety Troy Polamalu are close on an extension that would keep him a Steeler for sometime. The source, Scout.com, says that the safety is the top priority for the Steelers and that a deal could be announced soon. Everyone knows that the team needs Troy as the backbone of the defense, so this does not come as much of a surprise.
The nice thing would be for the team to be able to be in a position to get a deal done and announced before the start of training camp in a few weeks. It would be uplifting not only for the fan base, but for the players as well to see that the team is dedicated to keeping one of its own, this after an offseason in which the team decided against keeping linebacker Joey Porter.
Troy is set to make $1,088,000 this season plus a a $1.72 mil reporting bonus, which basically means he will make $2.81 mil this season, a bargin for what he brings to the team. Expect the team to have that figure ripped up once the new deal is signed, and I can easily see him making between $6-7 mil a season. Last year he played in 13 games, making 57 solo tackles, 20 assists, and 3 interceptions.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on