Steelers wide out Hines Ward had minor surgery on Tuesday to repair a broken nose that he suffered in Sunday night’s 27-13 win over the Philadelphia Eagles at Hienz Field. Ward, known for being one of the more aggressive wide outs in the game, never mentioned the injury. All that was given as far as info about it was that Ward had minor surgery on Tuesday, and coach Mike Tomlin said that Ward could possibly play in the teams preseason finale on Thursday night at Carolina. “I wouldn’t count Hines out,” Tomlin said.
He did not practice on Tuesday, but sources say that it looked as if the problem was his left thigh, and may have been his quad which was wrapped in ice. He watched practice from the sidelines, and didn’t appear to be in any major discomfort. He didn’t have any marks or discoloration on his face when speaking to reporters.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on