The Steelers with a new coach and new look offense open up the 2007 season tomorrow vs the rival Cleveland Browns in Browns Stadium in Cleveland. The Steelers have owned this so-called rivalry over the past really 15 years since Bill Cowher was coach. Now it’s time for Mike Tomlin to start setting the tone for his team, and there is no better way to start the season than with a win over the woeful Browns.
Here are a few reasons why the Browns will starting the season with a win on Sunday in Cleveland:
1. Willie Parker – The shifty back has basically run over the Browns the last two seasons, scoring the winning TD last season in the game in Cleveland, and in the game in Pittsburgh went over 200 yards rushing. Parker is the best back in this game, and if the Steelers offensive line can set the tempo, which they should be able to vs the weak Browns D-line, Parker should be able to rush for between 125-150 yards and at least one score.
2. They know Charlie Frye – Two years ago in Cleveland the Steelers defense destroyed Browns QB Charlie Frye and the Browns offense, and they know enough for what should be a repeat performance on Sunday. Frye is a stop-gap at QB for the Browns until Brady Quinn is ready, and in the preseason was okay at best. Throw some packages at him, and for sure the Steelers will create some havoc and some turnovers.
3. Ward and Holmes vs the Browns CB’s – You have to love this matchup, as the Browns corners can be turned into swiss cheese vs the Steelers solid wide outs. Ward has had some big days vs the Browns over the years, and Holmes could get off to a fast start here in this battle. With Big Ben in control of the new offense, look for the passing game to get off to a fast start.
Final Prediction: Pittsburgh 27 Cleveland 10 – The Steelers own this series, and this one won’t be any different. The new look with Mike Tomlin begins for the Black and Gold, and look for a solid opener complete with a defensive TD and big play on special teams.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on