Steve Breaston’s 73-yard punt return for a touchdown broke open a 7-7 game and powered the Cardinals to a 21-14 upset of the Steelers Sunday afternoon. Breaston, who went to Woodland Hills High School, got the chance to score the TD when a punt on the previous play was nullified on an illegal man downfield penalty against the Steelers Carey Davis. The loss was the first for Pittsburgh and new Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, who opened the season with three straight wins. Santonio Holmes was one of the bright spots for the Steelers, catching two touchdown passes from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The first TD was a 43-yard strike to give the Steelers a 7-0 lead. The second TD was a seven-yard pass with just under two minutes to play. Steelers noseguard Casey Hampton did not play in the second half due to a hamstring injury. Hampton will be reevaluated on Monday. Safety Troy Polamalu did not play in the second half due to an abdominal injury and Bryant McFadden left the game with an ankle injury. The Steelers take on Seattle this coming Sunday in a rematch of Super Bowl 40.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on