Several Steelers are recovering from or will undergo surgery to correct injuries. Head coach Mike Tomlin on Thursday said Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward had successful surgery to repair an meniscus tear in his knee.
Linebacker Clint Kriewaldt had surgery to repair his torn, left rotator cuff. Scheduled to go under the knife are: guard Kendall Simmons (right fourth finger), tackle Willie Colon (“cleanup” of right knee), linebacker Marquis Cooper (meniscus), tackle Trai Essex (right ankle), linebacker Andre Frazier (sports hernia) and cornerback Grant Mason (right shoulder).
Tomlin said safety Troy Polamalu may have to undergo surgery on his knee but the Steelers are going to wait to see if Polamalu’s knee responds to rest.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on