From: Pro Football Weekly
A source close to the Steelers says the club’s willingness to sign OLT Marvel Smith to a contract extension largely comes down to whether Smith, who has a history of back problems, can stay healthy. Smith, who will be 30 in August, has one year left on his contract. Whatever happens with Smith, we’re told not to expect as chilly a relationship between player and club as the one that the departed Alan Faneca had with the Steelers in his final season in Pittsburgh.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on