From: Pro Football Weekly
A source close to the Steelers says the club’s willingness to sign OLT Marvel Smith to a contract extension largely comes down to whether Smith, who has a history of back problems, can stay healthy. Smith, who will be 30 in August, has one year left on his contract. Whatever happens with Smith, we’re told not to expect as chilly a relationship between player and club as the one that the departed Alan Faneca had with the Steelers in his final season in Pittsburgh.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on