Published reports indicate that the Rooney family ownership of the Steelers could be in jeopardy. Reports indicate that as many as four of Dan Rooney’s brothers are interested in divesting their 16 percent stakes in the storied NFL franchise in order to bring the club into line with ownership regulations of the NFL and to prevent possible future inheritance tax problems.
Several sources place the value of the franchise somewhere between 800-million and 1.2-billion-dollars. Several of the Rooney brothers have been in touch with Stan Druckenmiller, president of Duquesne Capital Financial, who is a Steeler season ticket holder and a multi-billionaire. Druckenmiller has said that if he were to buy into the team the Rooney’s would still run the day-to-day operations.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on