Published reports indicate that the Rooney family ownership of the Steelers could be in jeopardy. Reports indicate that as many as four of Dan Rooney’s brothers are interested in divesting their 16 percent stakes in the storied NFL franchise in order to bring the club into line with ownership regulations of the NFL and to prevent possible future inheritance tax problems.
Several sources place the value of the franchise somewhere between 800-million and 1.2-billion-dollars. Several of the Rooney brothers have been in touch with Stan Druckenmiller, president of Duquesne Capital Financial, who is a Steeler season ticket holder and a multi-billionaire. Druckenmiller has said that if he were to buy into the team the Rooney’s would still run the day-to-day operations.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on