The Steelers made an interesting roster move today, as they dumped second-year running back Gary Russell and added rookie LB Patrick Bailey. Russell was expected to have a bit of a bigger role in the teams rotation this year after having 21 yards on 7 carries last season in three games. He was an undrafted free agent from Minnesota. As for Bailey, he was on the teams practice squad. He was an undrafted free agent from Duke. Another quick note – CB Deshea Townsend will miss tomorrows game vs the Eagles due to a heel injury. It’s the second straight missed game for Townsend.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on