It looks now like the Steelers want to play the “better safe than sorry” card when it comes to Willie Parker. The back, who will miss the game vs the Jags was quoted as saying that he could have played vs Jacksonville despite his sprained knee. “I know I could play this week,” Parker said. “[The coaches] know I could play this week. I think it’s best that I do sit out and relax and then come back [after the bye].” I agree with the move. The team is limping towards the bye, and the last thing they can afford is to throw Parker to the wolves, and then for him to get banged up even more as the team gets set for the bye and then the Bengals in Cincy on the 19th. The team will go with offseason pickup Mewelde Moore as their starter, and Gary Russell and Najeh Davenport will be his backup.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on