Willie Parker is speaking out about the fact that the team is not running as much as he would like. Parker said that he’d like to line up behind the fullback in the I-formation and go blasting through the line. He called it “Steelers football” but said it’s gone over the past two seasons in favor of more pass plays.
“I just don’t think we should give up that quick,” Parker said after practice today. “We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers, everyone knows wer’re going to run the ball — or they used to think we’d run the ball. “We pass the ball a lot now. We got away from Steelers football, Steelers mentality.”
Yes, the Steelers have run less this season, and not as well, as they have gone to the ground 373 times for 1,350 yards, which is good for 23rd in the NFL. Of course Parker being hurt has not helped matters much, and an O-line that has not done the best of jobs run blocking has not helped either.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on