Tackle Marvel Smith is out again for Sunday, but despite missing over half the season with a back injury, he says he’s not ready to give up on the rest of the season. Smith told the Post Gazette he’s feeling better and is waiting to get cleared to play.
“I’m doing everything I can every day to get better,” Smith said. “That’s all I can do. ”
Smith told the paper he’s not allowed to discuss the exact nature of his injury but said it is unrelated to the back surgery he had last year that caused him to miss the final three games of the season, including playoffs.
“It’s definitely frustrating, being injured in any fashion, not being able to help team out, especially when you have a good team,” Smith said. “You sit back and watch how well they’re doing, you wish you can get out with the team.”
The team must think he’ll be back, or if not they would have put him on IR already, clearing up a roster spot to bring someone else in.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on