I guess Ravens “spitter” Frank Walker finally let his guilt get to him. Why else would the story below from Yahoo Sports come out four days after the incident with Steelers punter Mitch Berger? Read below and see what you think:
Frank Walker acknowledged that he spit in the face of Pittsburgh Steelers punter Mitch Berger, but the Ravens backup cornerback called it an accident. “It was just a slobber moment,” Walker said. With 43 seconds left in Sunday’s 13-9 loss to the Steelers Walker got into a confrontation with Berger, who was the holder on the extra point because according to Walker, Berger was upset when he thought Walker was trying to take out the knee of kicker Jeff Reed. Berger doesn’t believe Walker, saying the act was intentional. “I had my mouth open and was about to say something when he spit right on me,” Berger said. “It wasn’t something that happens by accident when you’re talking sometimes. There was the full noise. He made the full spitting noise.”
I gotta side with Berger on this one, you don’t just by “accident” spit in someone’s mouth. Sounds like Walker is just trying to take some of the heat off him for the incident. What a classLESS act Walker is for this!
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on