The season is over for Steelers OT Marvel Smith, who today was placed on IR due to his back injury. Pittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday placed offensive tackle Marvel Smith on injured reserve. Smith played the first five weeks of the 2008 season before suffering a back injury and was inactive the past 10 weeks. A nine-year veteran, Smith has played in 110 career games and made 107 starts. He made the Pro Bowl following the 2004 season, his first such recognition.
The team also took a flier today on second-year offensive tackle Jason Capizzi from the St. Louis Rams practice squad. He was signed to the Rams’ practice squad on Oct. 28 of this year after being released by the Steelers during training camp.
In 2007, Capizzi spent time on the practice squads of the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs before Pittsburgh signed him to its active roster for the AFC Wild Card Game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on