Steeler fans lined up the city of Pittsburgh today, as the team brought back the Lombardi Trophy for an NFL record sixth time with a parade that saw thousands line the streets of the city. Even with snow showers and temps in the 20’s, it didn’t stop the Steeler Nation from being on hand for one heck of a show.
The parade was well deserved after the Steelers amazing 27-23 Super Bowl win on Sunday in Tampa over the game Arizona Cardinals. Things were so crazy on the streets of Pittsburgh on Tuesday at the parade, even the police that were there to make sure there was law and order were into it, waving Terrible Towels.
“What do you say to this?” Coach Mike Tomlin asked the crowd. “Steeler Nation, you leave us all speechless, man, we just appreciate the love. How about the Steelers? How about the greatest fans in the world? How about number six? Thank you, we love you guys.”
Estimates say about 250,000 fans lined the streets for the party, about the same number that showed up just three years ago that when the Steelers won their 5th Super Bowl title, beating the Seattle Seahawks in Detroit 21-10 in Super Bowl XL.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on