The big story around the league today seems to be that Big Ben played the Super Bowl last Sunday with a pair of broken ribs. Peter King of SI and NBC stated that in his Monday morning QB column on SI.com today. If that is indeed the case, it’s news to the Steelers.
ESPN states this afternoon that the Steelers had no knowledge that Roethlisberger played the game with two broken ribs, as the quarterback told a Web site. According to SI.com, Roethlisberger said his fractured ribs did not show up on X-rays taken before he led the Steelers to a 27-23 win over Arizona, but were revealed only during a MRI test he had last week.
There were plenty of questions to Ben during the week leading up to the game about his ribs, but at no point during the game did he seem to suffer from any ill effects from having any sort of rib injury. Stay tuned.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on