Everyone wanted to talk about Hines Ward’s knee leading up to Super Bowl XLIII, but there was not a lot of talk about his shoulder, which he had surgery on this week. Reports say that Ward had a procedure to clean up a shoulder, and he should be ready to go for the Steelers in 2009 as they look to defend their recently won Super Bowl title.
Ward had a big season as the Steelers won their NFL record sixth Super Bowl title, as he caught 81 passes for 1043 yards, which were his best numbers since the 2003 season. Reports say that he will not have to have surgery on his sprained knee, which was hurt during the AFC Title game win over the Ravens at Heinz Field.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on