Bryant McFadden could find a great payday come next Friday via free agency if the Steelers don’t get him locked up by then. The Steelers Thursday put the franchise tag on Max Starks, meaning he’ll be back in 2009, but it also means that McFadden could be free to go.
Thursday the South Florida Sun-Sentinel talked about McFadden going home to play for the Dolphins, and it seemed like when asked about it, McFadden didn’t seem all that opposed to playing elsewhere besides Pittsburgh next season.
“My first option is going back to the Steelers, but I’m looking for a nice little check,” said McFadden, a former Florida State star.
Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says that trying to get McFadden back to play opposite Ike Taylor in 2009 is something the team wants to do, but they have a lot of other players to try and deal with. “He is a priority, but we’re not going to be able to keep this whole team together. We will continue to negotiate with all our free agents, and what comes together comes together,” Colbert said.
“It only takes one team to accelerate the price. It doesn’t take a great market [at the position],” Colbert said. “But if one team has a sincere interest and you’re not able to match that you’re probably going to lose that player.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on