Interesting rumor today in the Post-Gazette about Colts center Jeff Saturday coming over to play for the Steelers:
Three-time Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday, who becomes an unrestricted free agent at 12:01 a.m. Friday, wants to join the Steelers. And not necessarily as a center. “I talked to Jeff after the Super Bowl, and he said if you can get me there, that would be beautiful,” said Pittsburgh-based agent Ralph Cindrich. “This is a Rooney-type of guy if ever there was one.”
Saturday may be a “Rooney-type of guy,” but only if is likely willing to play for less than what he’s going to look for, which Peter King said could be up to $8 mil a year. The Steelers didn’t just let Alan Faneca get away a season ago to then pay Saturday, who probably has 2-3 years left, a ton of money.
The other issue is that the Steelers already have their center in Justin Hartwig, who played well this past season. Reportedly Saturday said he would play guard, but no one is going to pay him $6-$8 mil to play out of position. Bottom line, don’t expect Saturday in Pittsburgh.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on