After moving into the starting job at fullback during the final two months of last season, Sean McHugh has decided to stay in Pittsburgh.
Instead of playing at the restricted free-agent tender of $1.01 million, McHugh agreed to a three-year, $2.57 million contract with the Steelers that included a $390,000 signing bonus, according to a source. McHugh took over the starting job for Carey Davis late in the season and helped the team through its trip to the Super Bowl.
The 26-year-old has been with the Titans, Packers, Lions and Steelers during his five-year career.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on