Not that should really be a question, but all-time leading wide receiver Hines Ward tells Steelers.com that he has no plans on retiring anytime soon. He’ll play his 12th season in 2009, and says that he isn’t really thinking about when it’ll be all over.
“People always ask how long I want to play,” said Ward. “It won’t be until the day I feel like I can’t get open or be productive. I have got enough out of football with this great organization so that the day I lose it, I will walk away from the game. I don’t see that any time soon. I am looking forward to training camp and getting back at it.”
Ward had another productive season in 2008 as the Steelers won their second Super Bowl in four season, as he caught 81 passes for 1043 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on