The Post-Gazette reports today that while the Steelers already have three partners, they could have a couple of more by Monday. The paper says that as many as three more partners could come aboard, as
Art Rooney II, the team’s president, said the new investors in the Steelers could be approved at the league meetings in California next week.
“We do have at least one investor who will be on the agenda to be approved who already has been approved by the finance committee,” Rooney said. “We have two others who are going to go before the finance committee and if they’re approved by the finance committee, we will have three new investors approved at this meeting.”
Dan Rooney and Art are putting together the group, but have declined to say who is in the club. Reportedly say that one is a “a very recognizable name.”
“We have two or three others who are sort of still in the pipeline here,” Art Rooney said. “So we’ll make an evaluation after we see what happens at this meeting whether we’re going to close by March 31 or whether we’ll extend it.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on