Steelers receiver and Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes has been formally arraigned on a misdemeanor marijuana charge stemming from a traffic stop.
Pittsburgh police say they found three marijuana-filled cigars in Holmes’ car when he was pulled over Oct. 23. Holmes was stopped because his vehicle was similar to one police were looking for in a drug sting.
Police say Holmes cooperated and pointed out the drugs to officers.
Holmes’ attorney has characterized the marijuana charge as a low-grade misdemeanor. At most, Holmes faces 30 days probation and a $500 fine if convicted.
Holmes didn’t appear at the hearing, at which charges are formally presented and his attorney enters his appearance.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on