I’ve said it before, I’m not all that big a fan of ESPN’s ESPY Awards, but if your bored this weekend, check it out. You’ll have reason to, as the Steelers took home two awards at the event, both awards having to do with the Super Bowl.
The first award was the Ben Roethlisberger to Santonio Holmes game-winning touchdown in the Super Bow. That play took home the ‘Best Sports Play’ of this past year award.
The touchdown beat out three other nominations including Texas Tech’s Michael Crabtree’s game winning catch to top number one Texas, and Alexander Ovechkin’s goal against the New York Rangers in the NHL playoffs.
The other award the Steelers took home was shared with the Arizona Cardinals for ‘Best Game’ for their performance in Super Bowl XLIII.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on