Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said the allegations that he raped a woman in a Lake Tahoe hotel are “reckless and false.”
Roethlisberger was accompanied by Head Coach Mike Tomlin, his agent, Ryan Tollner and lawyer William David Cornwell Sr. and issued a very brief statement and took no questions in the session at the Steelers South Side training complex.
“I’m going to fight to protect my family and my reputation,” he said in a very brief news conference shortly after 2 p.m. at the Steelers’ practice facility on the South Side.
“I am confident that the truth will prevail,” he concluded. He said the first he had learned of the allegations was Saturday, the day after the suit was filed.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on