Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said the allegations that he raped a woman in a Lake Tahoe hotel are “reckless and false.”
Roethlisberger was accompanied by Head Coach Mike Tomlin, his agent, Ryan Tollner and lawyer William David Cornwell Sr. and issued a very brief statement and took no questions in the session at the Steelers South Side training complex.
“I’m going to fight to protect my family and my reputation,” he said in a very brief news conference shortly after 2 p.m. at the Steelers’ practice facility on the South Side.
“I am confident that the truth will prevail,” he concluded. He said the first he had learned of the allegations was Saturday, the day after the suit was filed.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on