Ben Roethlisberger made a statement on Thursday regarding the rape allegations that he says are totally false. Friday it was back at work, as Big Ben made good on an appearance of NBA star Shaquille O’Neal’s new TV reality show. Roethlisberger was given a warm ovation by Steelers fans in what was his first public appearance since the allegations broke.
Despite the pressure that he has to be under due to the allegations, Roethlisberger appeared at ease and loose at a suburban Pittsburgh high school field Friday night in front of an estimated 5,000. He played the part with O’Neal, – trashing-talking, whooping it up with the crowd, raising his fist in the air after long completions and doing fist pumps while sprinting down the field after touchdowns.
“I love him so much, and I believe my baby’s innocent,” said 47-year-old Bonita Thompson, who lives two blocks from the stadium. “People try to take advantage of him. But all of Ambridge supports him. I work at a nursing home, and all the people I take care of love him and support him.”
Now we shall see if the allegations cause any distraction at training camp at the end of the month.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on