The Steelers have been taking a beating from fans for their running game recently, and a former player is now speaking out. That player is future Hall of Fame back Jerome Bettis, who took a shot at Willie Parker and the O-line:
Jerome Bettis was one of the most physical and hardest hitting running backs of all time. It appears he can lay a stinging lick with a pen, too. This time, the punishment Bettis is dishing out is directed at his former teammates. Bettis was highly critical of the Steelers in his debut column on SI.com called Bus Stops. Bettis called out his protege, Willie Parker, along with running backs Rashard Mendenhall and Frank Summers. He also didn’t have many nice things to say about the offensive line he once ran behind and the Steelers coaching staff for not trying to improve the unit in the offseason.
“This problem isn’t anything new, and I blame the coaching staff for not addressing the line in the offseason,” Bettis wrote. “How did they rationalize not doing anything about it? Well, they won a Super Bowl. They won’t be so lucky twice in a row.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on