The Steelers have brought back running back Carey Davis, signing him on Tuesday to a one-year deal. The deal came down after the team put rookie fullback Frank Summers on IR with a back injury. Davis knows the Steelers system, as he spent the past three seasons in Pittsburgh and has appeared in all but one of his 31 career games over four seasons with the Steelers.
A special teams contributor who can also man the fullback position, Davis has rushed for 103 yards on 29 carries to go along with 17 receptions for 76 yards for his career. The Steelers’ fifth-round pick in April’s draft, Summers had played in the first two games this season but was inactive for the Week 3 loss to Cincinnati.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on