Last night in Denver Willie Parker stood on the sidelines most of the night, never having to break a sweat. He played only one play to the best of my knowledge, and didn’t get a carry. Could this be a sign of things to come? Parker, who is in the last year of his deal, has clearly given way to Rashard Mendenhall, who bullied his way to 155 yards last night, and has been getting the job done the past few weeks.
Mike Tomlin said a few weeks back that Parker was still his back, but now, after having to wait through injuries and other issues, he seems bent on making sure that Parker is nothing more than a decoy, standing on the sidelines waiting to get a carry or two.
Sure, if needed, Parker can come in and get some carries. Right now though, it appears that his Steelers career is quickly coming to a close and it’s going to come as he stands on the sidelines, watching Mendenhall be the feature back the Steelers felt he would be when they took him in the first round last season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on