Last night in Denver Willie Parker stood on the sidelines most of the night, never having to break a sweat. He played only one play to the best of my knowledge, and didn’t get a carry. Could this be a sign of things to come? Parker, who is in the last year of his deal, has clearly given way to Rashard Mendenhall, who bullied his way to 155 yards last night, and has been getting the job done the past few weeks.
Mike Tomlin said a few weeks back that Parker was still his back, but now, after having to wait through injuries and other issues, he seems bent on making sure that Parker is nothing more than a decoy, standing on the sidelines waiting to get a carry or two.
Sure, if needed, Parker can come in and get some carries. Right now though, it appears that his Steelers career is quickly coming to a close and it’s going to come as he stands on the sidelines, watching Mendenhall be the feature back the Steelers felt he would be when they took him in the first round last season.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on