Some Friday Steeler tidbits from John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
• Asked about former Steelers coach Bill Cowher’s preseason prediction that Cincinnati would win the AFC North, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said with a straight face, “He’s a mastermind. Obviously, he knew something we didn’t know.”
• Defensive end Travis Kirschke missed another day of practice, clouding his status for Sunday’s home game against Cincinnati. Kirschke sat out against Denver with the injury and was replaced by Nick Eason, who helped the Steelers limit the Broncos to 27 rushing yards. Fullback Carey Davis also missed Thursday’s practice with a hamstring injury. Safety Tyrone Carter, the AFC Defensive Player of the Week with two interceptions against Denver, missed practice because of illness. Wide receiver Hines Ward, linebacker James Farrior, cornerback Deshea Townsend and guard Trai Essex all returned to practice.
• For Cincinnati, linebacker Keith Rivers (calf) and guard Evan Mathis (ankle) missed their second consecutive day of practice. Safety Roy Williams (forearm) sat out after practicing on Wednesday. Defensive end Robert Gathers (hip), running back Jeremi Johnson (chest) and defensive end Frostee Rucker (neck) were limited in practice.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on