Uh oh. Roger Goodell, who is not a guy you wanna have a meeting with if you find yourself in trouble, wants to have a sit down with the Steelers franchise QB:
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is taking the sexual-assault allegations against Ben Roethlisberger “very seriously” and said he plans to meet with the Steelers quarterback. “First, I think the most important thing is that we take the issue very seriously,” Goodell said Monday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla. “We are very concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position.” Goodell revealed he has spoken to Steelers president Art Rooney directly about the allegations, and also plans to meet with Roethlisberger “at the appropriate time.” Police in Milledgeville, Ga., are still investigating a 20-year-old female college student’s accusation against Roethlisberger but no criminal charges have been filed in the case, in which the woman accused Roethlisberger, 28, of sexually assaulting her in a Milledgville, Ga., nightclub earlier this month.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on