It seemed that Steelers star wide out Santonio Holmes was out of hot water, but now that’s not to be. The Tribune-Review is reporting that the assault case against Holmes against a woman in Florida has be “activated,” meaning that there is a real shot he could be charged.
Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes could be charged for his role in a March 7 altercation at a Florida nightclub after Orlando police “re-activated” the case, according to a department spokesperson. Holmes is accused of throwing a glass of liquor at Anshonae Mills and hitting her in the face with it after the two argued over a seat in the VIP section of the club. Orlando police had closed the case after Mills said in a written statement that she did not want to press charges. “Ms. Mills changed her mind and is now desiring prosecution,” Sgt. Barbara Jones said in an email Friday. “The status of the case is now active.”
While the case against Holmes has not gotten the attention that the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case has gotten, there’s a chance he could be another Steeler that could find himself in trouble with the league commish, who already says he’s going to think long and hard about what he may have to do to Roethlisberger.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on