Saw this on TMZ yesterday, but felt it wasn’t that big of a deal, but it’s getting more legs today after PFT picked it up:
The police officer who received the initial complaint from the alleged victim in Milledgeville, Georgia has resigned.
Per TMZ, Jerry Blash admitted that he said something similar to “this f–king bitch is drunk” or “this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her.” He also reportedly told the accuser and her friends that “Roethlisberger has a lot of money” and that if they make a police report they “would be wasting their time.”
TMZ reports that Blash resigned under threat of termination. It’s unknown whether Blash’s statement affected the investigation. Coincidentally, he’s one of the cops who were photographed with Roethlisberger prior to the incident.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on