There’s been talk about the future for Hines Ward, as he just signed a 5-year deal on draft day last season in terms of how long he’s going to play. I thought Ward had an outstanding 2009, catching 95 passes for 1167 yards and six touchdowns. Now with Santonio Holmes in New York, Ward is by far the teams #1 wide out.
Ward has said more than once though that if the Steelers can get back to form and capture another Super Bowl, he may think about walking away. “That would be ideal,” Ward said. “That would be a great way to end. I don’t know. It would be a nice way to go out.”
Of course, but I would be willing to bet despite being 34 this season Ward is going to play at least two or three more seasons. He is still playing at a very high level, and still has that same smile every Sunday even if the team is struggling.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on