Yesterday we talked about Peter King putting the Steelers at 12 on their power rankings, and today it’s Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports! turn, but this time it’s QB rankings. Cole has the team ranked at #7 after the off the field issues with Ben Roethlisberger.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers: OK, let’s get this out of the way: Roethlisberger is a mess off the field and that’s the reason the Steelers aren’t ranked No. 4 overall, if not higher. His suspension means Byron Leftwich is the likely starter to open the season. Further, Roethlisberger has tarnished the incredible legacy he was in the midst of building. Yeah, he’s unconventional and people like me have taken a long time to warm to how he plays, but he’s a truly stunning player when you really look at the results, which include some dazzling playoff numbers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on