Hines Ward sat out voluntary practice on Wednesday, as his strained hamstring suffered last month continues to hold him back.
“This is like touch football right now,” Ward said. “I can run, it’s just why am I in a hurry to come back to run a curl route?” Ward said. “It’s not good to come out here and re-injure it, so I’m not good (for) Latrobe (when training camp opens in July).”
For now, Ward is going to continue to take it easy, and that seems to be fine for Mike Tomlin, knowing that come opening day, the veteran wide out will be ready to go. “I still have 3-4 weeks left,” Ward said about the final voluntary workouts, which conclude June 10.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on