Hines Ward sat out voluntary practice on Wednesday, as his strained hamstring suffered last month continues to hold him back.
“This is like touch football right now,” Ward said. “I can run, it’s just why am I in a hurry to come back to run a curl route?” Ward said. “It’s not good to come out here and re-injure it, so I’m not good (for) Latrobe (when training camp opens in July).”
For now, Ward is going to continue to take it easy, and that seems to be fine for Mike Tomlin, knowing that come opening day, the veteran wide out will be ready to go. “I still have 3-4 weeks left,” Ward said about the final voluntary workouts, which conclude June 10.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on