The Steelers have some issues at the WR spot, I think that is something we can agree upon. But the thought of the team making a rather unlike Steeler move and getting a player like Terrell Owens scares me to death.
Which is why when I saw the article from Sporting News about 10 possible landing spots for Owens and the Steelers were on there, it made me cringe. Nevertheless, here’s what Sporting News has to say about the Steelers and T.O.:
With Super Bowl 43 MVP Santonio Holmes long gone and Super Bowl 40 MVP Hines Ward not getting any younger, the Steelers would benefit from whatever T.O. has left in the tank.
If Owens wants to join a contender and get a shot at a Super Bowl ring, maybe Owens would drop his asking price for a chance to play in Pittsburgh. But the Steelers have to be willing to take a chance on a guy with a checkered past, and given their quarterback with a checkered present, it’s probably too much of a risk.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on