In our ongoing feature here on Steelers Gab called “Scouting the Enemy,” we will look at all 15 AFC teams, and give a glimpse of what each one brings. At the end, we will talk about any type of connection they have to the Steelers, including if they play them in 2010.
Today – #7 in the AFC
The Good – They are setting up to have an explosive offense in 2010 with QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson being at the forefront. Their run game has to come through if they are finally going to make the playoffs, and Steve Slaton and rookie Ben Tate have to step up for them. On defense, they have a good 1-2 punch with Mario Williams and DeMarco Ryans.
The Bad – The defensive front four isn’t as good as the LB’s, and it’s a big season for 4th year pro Amobi Okoye. The defensive backfield lost franchise CB Dunta Robinson, and will be tested by good QB’s. Schaub threw 15 picks, and if you can pressure him he will make mistakes. Johnson is great when healthy, but the other WR’s don’t scare many teams.
Steeler Connection – No matchups with the Steelers again in 2010, and unless the two teams find their way to the postseason, they won’t be seeing each other till at least 2011. The Texans can help the Steelers as they play the Ravens December 13th at home in a Monday night matchup.
#8 in the AFC – Miami
#9 in the AFC – Tennessee
#10 in the AFC – Denver
#11 in the AFC – Jacksonville
#12 in the AFC – Kansas City
#13 in the AFC – Cleveland
#14 in the AFC – Oakland
#15 in the AFC – Buffalo
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on