Yahoo! Sports has a list of players and teams under pressure as they enter training camp of the 2010 season, and one of the players on the list is the Steelers Troy Polamalu. Here is what they say about the Steelers wild man:
When Polamalu injured his knee in the season opener against Tennessee last year, the feeling was that he’d be fine after three or four weeks. He returned, but the knee was never stable and, as a result, neither was the Pittsburgh defense. In an era when great safeties aren’t always necessary, Polamalu is one of a handful of exceptions along with Ed Reed. Polamalu is one of the best students of the game in this era. His ability to read plays is uncanny. He can create plays behind the line and deep in the secondary. He is truly special to watch. Sadly, like Reed and Sanders, injuries are marring his career. He has missed 19 games over the past four seasons. The Steelers can’t afford that trend to continue.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on