The team on Thursday came to terms with Flozell Adams, a former member of the Dallas Cowboys who is a force on the line at 6-7, 338 pounds. Nicknamed “The Hotel,” Adams is a five-time Pro Bowl lineman.
It’s unknown whether Adams will play on the left or right side for the Steelers. He will add depth to a squad that lost OT Willie Colon to a torn Achilles heel in early July. Colon will miss the entire season.
Adams is a natural left tackle, which means if he plays there the team would put Max Starks on the right side. Either way, it’s a move that the team needed to make to add some needed size and ability to the line, as Adams is a player that can walk right in and help from day one.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on