The team on Thursday came to terms with Flozell Adams, a former member of the Dallas Cowboys who is a force on the line at 6-7, 338 pounds. Nicknamed “The Hotel,” Adams is a five-time Pro Bowl lineman.
It’s unknown whether Adams will play on the left or right side for the Steelers. He will add depth to a squad that lost OT Willie Colon to a torn Achilles heel in early July. Colon will miss the entire season.
Adams is a natural left tackle, which means if he plays there the team would put Max Starks on the right side. Either way, it’s a move that the team needed to make to add some needed size and ability to the line, as Adams is a player that can walk right in and help from day one.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on