All signs point to Dennis Dixon finally being given the chance to start on Sunday night when the Steelers play in Denver. Dixon has been the star at the QB spot the first two games, and is making a big push to be the starter come opening day against Atlanta.
“I intend to give Dennis Dixon some looks with the first group against some good people,” Mike Tomlin said. “I think he’s earned that likewise. And that’s what this preseason is all about.”
The question will be, if Dixon steps up and again plays well, and let’s say Byron Leftwich does just Ok, does that give the advantage to Dixon in terms of being the starter?
If not, then what has to happen for Dixon to get his shot? The 4th preseason game the following Thursday vs Carolina is usually left for players on the bubble, so I wouldn’t expect much stock to go into that game. Which means Sunday could be Dixon’s last shot to overtake Leftwich as the starter for the opener and beyond.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on