The cutdowns have started for the Steelers, as on Tuesday they made 6 roster moves to get down to the league mandated 75 roster total.
Players that were released from the active roster include linebacker Brandon Renkart, running back Dwayne Wright, cornerback David Pittman and tackle Adrian Jones.
The team also put rookie tackle Chris Scott on the reserve PUP list and he will miss the first 6 weeks of the season with a foot injury. The Steelers will then have a two-week window to look at Scott in practice before deciding to move him up to the 53-man roster, release him or put him on injured reserve.
Last but not least, the team released veteran linebacker Andre Frazier, as he was on the injured reserve list. The Steelers now sit at 75 players on the active roster and will need to trim to 53 players by September 4th.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on