As I threw out on our Facebook page during the loss on Sunday night, I was livid as to why the Steelers didn’t challenge what clearly looked like a TD run by Rashard Mendenhall in the 2nd quarter of the 20-10 loss to the Saints Sunday night.
Why didnt Tomlin challenge the 2nd down play…looked like a TD to me!
That was my comment at 9:22pm Sunday night, and now today it looks like Mike agrees that he and the club should have looked at the call.
“Maybe we missed an opportunity there, but I don’t think that’s the reason we lost the football game,” Tomlin said Tuesday.
Seems that Tomlin said that the coaches in the box didn’t have the same replays that we across the country did. In some NFL stadiums, the visiting teams’ booths are equipped to receive only the scoreboard feed, rather than the network TV feed, thus limiting the number of replays.
“There wasn’t a bunch of video evidence available to us,” Tomlin said.
It looked to me like Mendy’s elbow with the ball in it clearly was over the goal-line in what should have been a TD that would have made it 7-0. Instead, the team two plays later kicked a field goal that made it 3-0.
While two days later it sounds like crying over spilled milk, it’s just another frustrating aspect of a loss that shouldn’t have been.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on